Monday 2 July 2012

Nicki Minaj "Beez in the Trap" Inspired Look!


Sorry for the blurry photo!

I went to a Nicki Minaj concert last week so I thought I'd do a look inspired by one of her latest singles, Beez in the Trap.

Here's a still from the video:


As you can see, Nicki's wearing a matte pastel blue eyeshadow and cool pink pastel lipstick. It also looks like she's wearing illuminator and a rosy pink blush.

I didn't copy her look exactly, but tweaked it to suit my skin tone etc. I used a similar shade of eyeshadow, and pulled it out in a wing shape past my eye, like hers, and paired it with cat eye liquid liner like she has.

For my lips I used a bright pop of hot pink, rather than the very cool-toned lipstick she uses, which I reckon would have washed me out.

I skipped blush as I felt there was already a lot going on, but I added a shimmery mineral illuminator to the tops of my cheekbones for definition and sparkle.

Unfortunately I was pressed for time, so didn't have time to apply false eyelashes (or mascara, even!), but they would have completed the look!

Products Used:

Face:
Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC42
Bellapierre Shimmer Powder in Champagne

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Jet Black
Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner in Black
Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette, 6th Column 2nd Row

Lips:
Sleek Pout Paints in Port and Milkshake



No comments:

Post a Comment