Thursday 5 July 2012

How I Do my Brows

I never used to do anything with my eyebrows at all, but a few months ago I realised what a big difference brows make to a face. Well groomed eyebrows contribute a lot to overall facial beauty.

In this look I found on Pinterest, the perfect eyebrows are the important finishing touch on a dramatic smokey eye look:


Compare this to a certain "celebrity", whose horrible method of filling in her eyebrows ruins a potentially beautiful face:


There are thousands of articles on the internet detailing how you should do your brows to suit your face shape, the perfect angle to do them at etc etc, so I won't go through any of that here. 

Personally, I like brows that have a definite angle and that aren't too rounded. The Bobbi Brown makeup lady at the counter in Wimbledon basically had semicircles for eyebrows, which I thought looked ridiculous.

My eyebrows are rather sparse, so I don't thread/wax them, but occasionally pluck a few stray hairs. Here are my natural eyebrows:



When I first started filling them in I used a No 7 eyebrow pencil in black, which I was contented with for a while, but I realised that A) it was difficult to get a precise defined brow shape and B) black was too harsh and dark (especially for my dyed hair).

I then received Benefit's Smokin' Eyes kit, which included brown brow wax. However, it gives a very subtle colour and isn't really suitable for filling in brows. Instead, it tames the hairs and gives them a slight sheen, for a very natural no-makeup look.


On the left is the No 7 eyebrow pencil, and on the right is the Benefit brow wax.

Now, I use a slightly unusual method - I use a dark brown cream eyeliner and an angled brush to create a defined brow that isn't too harsh.


I just dip the angled brush into the cream eyeliner, then draw it straight across, then use the edge to create the tapered end.

I use an Elf one - it lasts all day and doesn't smudge or budge.


:) x  x



No comments:

Post a Comment