Thursday 5 July 2012

My 5 Favourite Non-Makeup Beauty-Related Things

The title's a bit of a mouthful, but you know what I mean!


1) Bio-Oil

I love this product! It makes my skin feel so soft and supple, and I've found it does help blemishes heal. I also use it as a facial cleansing oil - dip a bit on a piece of cotton wool, and use it on my face before I go to bed. It actually works quite well as a make-up remover too, in a pinch!

2) Mac Brush Cleanser

I don't know how I survived without this! It makes it so easy to clean brushes - especially if you don't have many and need to constantly re-use them. I give my brushes a quick clean with this every time I use them, and I can then use a different colour or whatever. Then, every 2 weeks or so I give them a proper clean with baby shampoo. A little goes a long way, and my last bottle lasted me a good few months. £9.50 might seem a lot to pay for brush cleaner, but I say it's definitely worth it. And if I forget to shampoo them for a little while, the bristles still stay soft and retain their shape, and they seem pretty clean (they don't affect my sensitive skin or anything).

Also, it's surprising how few brands carry a product like this - so far the only ones I've heard of are Mac and Elf. I know it's easy to make it yourself (although I've never tried), but you'd think a few more brands would try and push their own on consumers...

3) Taaj Ayurvedic Eau Micellaire - Eye Make-up Remover

Seriously amazing stuff! It smells absolutely gorgeous - my boyfriend always says I smell nice when I've used this to take my make-up off. Also, my skin seems to react to every other make-up remover I've tried, even ones that claim to be gentle and for sensitive skin (they tend to sting or irritate my skin a bit) - except for this one! So I'd definitely recommend trying it out if you have very sensitive skin.

I got mine in a beauty box, and it's running out sadly so I need to find a stockist - as far as I know it's only available on the internet. Here's a place I know that sells it, but you have to pay international shipping: http://www.cocooncenter.co.uk/taaj=brand.html

The same brand also does face creams etc, which I'm contemplating trying out as I've had such a positive experience with this product.

4) Layla D Natural Beauty Honey Moisturiser

Speaking of face creams and products that smell nice...

I got a sample of this in my latest SheSaidBeauty beauty box, and I love it! I'll get the full size one as soon as I run out of this one. It smells wonderful - a rich honey scent. It's very hydrating too. 

I have really really dry skin, so this couldn't ever be my only moisturiser. However, it's really good for topping up my skin moisture levels throughout the day - after my shower (when my skin's really dehydrated), I still use my trusty Diprobase, then if I need to reapply I use this.

I would imagine most people don't have as dry skin as me though, so for the vast majority of people this will be hydrating enough. It's really rich and creamy, I definitely recommend it!


5) Real Techniques Stippling Brush

Real Techniques is a brush range developed by Samantha Chapman (no introduction needed). This stippling brush is probably my favourite brush that I own. It makes applying foundation so easy - it looks so natural and airbrushed. I haven't tried other stippling brushes so I don't know how it compares, but it doesn't shed at all, it's got a lovely sturdy handle, and the bristles are not too flexible (which is very important for a stippling brush).

Hope that's helpful for someone :) x x x 


No comments:

Post a Comment