Friday 6 July 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendez-vous

I've heard a lot of hype about this product so I thought I'd try it out.
I've recently had a bad experience with a similar-sounding Revlon product (the Just Bitten lipstain + balm) - it's really streaky and dries out really quickly (even for a lip marker) - so I was a bit reluctant to buy this one, but thankfully it's a completely different product.

It supposedly combines the natural flush and long wear time of a lip stain with a moisturising balm, in one crayon-style product.

Here's a picture of mine:


I chose this bright orange colour, as the one shade range I'm lacking in at the moment is the whole orange/coral/peach family.

Here's a swatch:


And now here's what I think of it:

I love it! It's very moisturising and applies pretty smoothly (there's a little bit of drag across the lips but it's not too bad). The colour is semi-opaque, leaning more sheer. It's not really buildable, a second layer might improve the pigmentation a bit but it will never look opaque. I don't see this as a downside though, as lip stains are meant to look like a natural wash of colour.

It's quite longwearing - on me it lasted about 4 hours, then began to fade, but was still noticeable and looked nice for another 2/3 hours. 

It's got quite a strong minty scent which I like, but I can see other people being put off - it doesn't really smell once you put it on your lips though, and it doesn't taste of anything.

It's also retractable, which is good as sharpening lip products is always a pain - you end up losing so much product because its so soft and breaks off.

All in all, I think it's a really good product, especially for the price point.

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment