Monday 4 June 2012

Face of the Day (again)!


I went to a birthday party yesterday, so I decided to do something a bit fun!

I stuck with my bold lip - a berry colour achieved by using a lip marker pen - an awful product but a lovely shade. I tried to make the colour 'pop' even more by layering Benefit's Benetint over it, but having forgot to line my lips it feathered awfully! Oh well, you live you learn...

For my eyes I incorporated colours from my outfit (a blue/green playsuit), but I didn't want to go overboard. I patted a champagne colour over the lid then blended in a bright shimmery blue in from the edge and into my crease, and added a green-blue next to the lower lashline. My brow highlight shade was a super shimmery pearly white, which isn't too visible in this photo but was super good at defining my arches!

The blue, green and white shadows were all from one Famous by Sue Moxley quad, and I'd definitely recommend them! In this palette at least, the shadows are super pigmented, super shimmery, and extremely blendable.

I didn't add any blush because I felt like there was already a lot going on, and I didn't want my face to look too fake/cakey. Plus I flush really easily...

Products used:

Face:
Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC42

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Jet Black
Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner in Black
Famous by Sue Moxley Eye Collection in No Dull Moment
Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad Eyeshadow in Smokey Brun, 2nd lightest shade
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara in Extra Black

Lips:
MaxFactor Lipfinity Lasting Lip Tint in 06
Benefit Benetint

No comments:

Post a Comment