Tuesday 14 August 2012

Making Mistakes

So, I went to a party the other day - well, more like a gathering - and I was doing my make-up ready to go, and it wasn't going well. I tried a purpley look and it just looked smudged and ridiculous - so I removed it all and started again. I eventually settled on a boring bronzey-black eye look.


I paired it with a Maybelline 18-hr Superstay Lipstick thingy - a very grown up plum colour which I instantly knew was too dark. Not only is the colour quite dark, its also neutral-verging-on-cool (which makes it look more dramatic on my skin), and it has a muted dusky quality that makes it look "serious"... Basically not a good match. 

Also, I thought skipping blush might be a good idea to avoid looking too heavily made-up, but every time I do it just makes me looked washed out and just accentuates the dark make-up. The lesson here is - a good blush will give a warm natural flush to your face and make you glow - in a very good way.


Much better! I added in a pop of pinky-rose blush and swapped in the Maybelline stuff (which was really hard to get off!) for my trusty pink-nude American Apparel lipgloss.

Doing this freshened up my whole look and made it look less dramatic and more casual!



2 comments:

  1. Hey, I tagged you. This is completely optional but please check this out, xoxo. http://pureenlightenedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/11-tag-questions.html

    ReplyDelete